Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me



Not today but the first was my birthday. Daddy says it is very unusual ( and I thought birthdays happened every year ) because I am now 17 human years old and still seem like a puppy. He says I could make us both rich if I could write down my beauty secrets.

I only have one to be honest and it is actually Sid's definition of a dog's job. These are actually his own words he is not quoting anyone else ( when he does and someone thinks they are his words he goes to great lengths to make sure credit goes to said them first. The longer they have been dead the more trouble he seems to be willing to go to. He even will explain that something is the English translation of some Latin motto. One of his favorites is the Motto of Scotland and also why they picked the thistle as their national Flower. The Motto in Latin is Nemo Me Impune Lacesit" which literally means no one harms me without getting pierced. He prefers to say a more modern translation is "No one F***s with me and gets away with it.) However is definition of a Dog's job is this " to be your most loyal friend from the day we meet until life's end ". He says what makes me different from most dogs is that most dogs are only that way to one person. I am that way to everyone willing to accept me as a friend. Sid is of course my best friend, then Jessica his daughter who adopted me then had to pass me on to Sid as she could no longer take care of me in her small apartment. Then Mr Whisker's who is my cat Brother that Jessy rescued when his mother got run over by a truck. Sid is allergic to cats so has to take allergy pills sometimes if there are also other things he is allergic to around or if he is sensitive.

Sid also wanted me to put this last picture up as a goal he would like to live up to.



No comments:

Post a Comment