Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday too Me


Sid tells me today is my birthday today and I am 101 in dog years which is 13 human years. He wanted to take a special picture of me but outside is still messy so he says he will take a special one when I get my haircut. Or if there is a really nice day before then. The one here he took a year or maybe even more ago. He gave away that coat to someone who came over with too light a coat. A friend of mine who takes me for walks sometimes. Only a few special people are allowed to take me for walks.

Which leads me to some questions.

1. What is a year, I think it is when it gets hot for a while and then cold again for a long time. Sid takes me to the grommer for twice a year at the start of the hot weather he calls summer and again when my hair starts growing back heavy but it is still hot. He lets it grow long in the cold weather. I think Sid gets jealous because he can only grow hair on his face. He says he used to be able to grow it on top of his head but I think he's kidding.

2. Question 2 is what is 101 and what is 13. People do something called counting things. I never needed to till I went blind. Now I need to know how many steps across the road so I don't trip over the curb on the other side. Sid is pretty good at saying curb when I have to step down and usually when I have to step up. Sometimes he forgets though and if I didn't count I can bump my nose unless I smell the curb. It is harder to smell if it just rained heavy. Sometimes a long way from corners he will cross at an angle and I start raising my feet higher for the curb early. Beats banging my nose. Sid says people years and dog years are not the same. I don't get it but he said he will explain it in his blog today.

3. If it's my birthday why aren't I having a party. Two birthdays ago he had a party for me with all dogs there it was great. He might still be worried 3 of us forced the door open and then the downstairs door and went for a run down the alley. His human friends were laughing till they fell down when he came back carrying 3 dogs all over 40 pounds whatever a pound is. He was pretty tired after that. If you think I'm pulling your leg ask Bonnie's human at Gail's Books in Sid's friends they were both there. Mind you that was 3 months before I lost the sight in my good eye and I think Sid worries to much about me.

3 comments:

  1. Rocky, maybe Sid can save your hair that the groomer clips off and have it made into a hairpiece for himself. Wouldn't it be fun to have a human twin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi: Unlike humans we dogs have standards. Can you imagine a dog in a hairpiece. Attacking one because it looks like drowned rat is one thing wearing one would be quite another. Some of us don't mind dressing up in human clothes just to see how it takes the men in white to come for our humans. The men in black can wipe out peoples memories. The men in white only wish they could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty certain Sid had talked to the meat shop owner about a special pig ear for you today. Happy birthday, and tell Sid to give a special treat to Mr. Whisker too, ok?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete